SNC s PUBLIC IMAGE: WHAT THEY SOUGHT TO PROJECT, VERSUS HOW THEY ACTUALLY BEHAVED.
1. SNC: one of - quote - The 100 Best Companies to Work for in Canada -unquote CLICK HERE
2. SNC: good works / donations to charity (United Way / Centraide) , and other so-called good works. How they think SNC should – quote - …do its bit to alleviate poverty... - unquote– and boost the public images of C E.O Jean-Paul Gourdeau (1987) and C.E.O. Guy Saint-Pierre (1991)
3. FIRST EFFORT AT NEGOTIATING ADDITIONAL OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENT WITH SNC FOLLOWING CONCLUSION OF WRONGFUL DISMISSAL COURT CASE
I pursued this because SNC and their lawyers were wasting time and forcing up my legal bills by :-
(a) allowing their office furniture, followed by their Royal Bank bank account, to be seized for non-payment of the Court judgement.
(b) unilaterally and illegally attempting to withhold $3,000 from the Court judgement based on a false allegation that this had to be deducted for Income Tax purposes.
4. The Royal Bank of Canada and How Guy Saint-Pierre was kept on as a Director, after I informed Royal Bank then -C.E.O. Allan Taylor and his successor John E. Cleghorn about the SNC office furniture seizure and SNC s Royal Bank account seizure.
5. CORRUPT QUEBEC POLITICAL LEADERS AND THEIR LAWYERS – IN PARTICULAR, PREMIER ROBERT BOURASSA. How they ignored it and did nothing about SNC.
6. SNC: 1993: My visit to their 1993 shareholder meeting. C.E.O. Guy Saint-Pierre s attempt to involve the MUC Police in enforcing his brand of questionable behaviour in business. Well, I stopped it.
They ignored a perfectly good project proposal from me, at the time, aimed at solving the unemployment problem. Then they got involved with the Association of Consulting Engineers of Canada in something similar to what I proposed, from September 1993 onwards ( during the time I was attempting to negotiate a deal [with SNC] ).
7. SNC and the Association of Consulting Engineers of Canada (A.C.E.C.): A.C.E.C. code of ethics ( the Code of Consulting Engineering Practice). Control of A.C.E.C. by SNC, as evidenced by past-Presidents of A.C.E.C.
8. Guy Saint-Pierre and his election to the Order of Canada in 1992. I objected to it, in writing, but it had already been decided - behind closed doors. I complained about the corruption to my then-federal M.P., Beryl Gaffney – among others – but she wouldn’t put any questions about it to Governor-General Ray Hnatyshyn, or to Chairman of the Advisory Council on Awards Antonio Lamer (also Cbief Justice of the Supreme Court), and totally ignored it in all replies to my letters. Nor did she mention it to anybody in the media. This was a case of miserable, defeatist, cringing before protocol ( otherwise known as political correctness ).
9. Since dealing with Beryl Gaffney I moved to another address and acquired a different federal M.P. as a result - Marlene Catterall. From early 1994 to late 1996 I was corresponding with her in efforts to resolve two things: access to the ON-SITE program, and getting something done about the corruption at SNC. She did NOTHING, notwithstanding the circumstances and the corruption that was going on . Nor did she mention it to anybody in the media. This was another case of miserable, defeatist, cringing before protocol ( otherwise known as political correctness ).
10. MAY 10 1995 SHAREHOLDER MEETING AND JOB APPLICATIONS TO SNC DURING APRIL AND MAY 1995: more questionable behaviour by Guy Saint-Pierre. Then he announces his resignation. There is also speculation about his re-entering politics.
11. Questionable management of SNC by Guy Saint–Pierre and Jean-Paul Gourdeau – Allenvest Group and multiple-vote employee shareholders (15 votes) who on layoff were then reduced to one vote each. SNC forced to implement - quote – sunset – unquote - arrangement abolishing this with 5 year notice period.
12. JOBS FOR THE BOYS - IN CANADA: in Canada a banker can get a job with and engineering firm, and an engineer can get a job with a bank: Guy Saint-Pierre, John Cleghorn, SNC-Lavalin and the Royal Bank of Canada.
So why won’t anybody consider an engineer brought from the U.K., by SNC, for an engineering job in Canada?
13. WHERE THEY ARE NOW: GUY SAINT-PIERRE, JOHN CLEGHORN AND JEAN-PAUL GOURDEAU
14. A DANGEROUS QUEBEC COURT OF APPEAL JUDGEMENT: Dr. Michael Stanley Short. SNC s attempt to exploit it at my expense, followed by their allowing their Royal Bank account to be seized.
Their (SNC s) apparent idea of How to be Clever in Business in Quebec.